
Springfontein Wine Estate
Stanford, Western Cape
Once upon a time … according to her notes, the Scottish travel writer and painter Lady Anne Barnard must have passed the ground of Springfontein in May 1798 during a journey from today’s Hermanus to Stanford along the southern side of the lagoon and the course of the Kleinrivier. The farm, however, was not registered as such until 1 June 1816 when it was awarded to the then President of the Cape Holland Supreme Court, Sir Johannes Andries Truter, as the first owner.
- Address
- 8 Wortelgat Road Stanford 7210
- Phone
- 028 341 0651
- info@springfontein.co.za